Thursday, February 25, 2010

"I'm really good at this. You just don't know it yet."

"I'm really good at this. You just don't know it yet."
That is what I would say to anyone who reads this and maybe does not know me like some know me.  Music is not just a backdrop for me, it is life.  I sing out loud constantly for those who love and accept it.  If you have played some trivia game-Cranium- with me, you know (wink-wink).  If only I had these abilities with history or something other than pop culture!  I am justifying my endeavors here...clearly.  Just take the journey with me and enjoy the music, man.

On to Idol.
Why am I the only one watching this in my house at this time?  They have all lost interest.  I may be losing it too.  The first week of Hollywood was good, but not so good that any one person stood out for me.  There was drama, crying, yada yada.  Ellen is OK, but I did like Paula.  I have noticed that Kara has become much nicer.  Some one called her into their office to have "a talk" about her image, I am sure.  The second Hollywood week dragged...it always does.  I am now on the girls night of the top 24.  No one stands out.  Simon is usually spot on. Hope the guys are more exciting.  I know, I know, it's tv.  Which brings me to a non-musical note (no pun intended).  How did The Kardashian's become so popular?  I am just wondering. They don't even sing!!  What do they do?  They are no Partridge's is all I'm saying.

After starting this blog, I keep having these musical realizations...realization #5: I watch movie credits to see the very end with the music listed.  Do other people?  My husband indulged me at a movie the other night in the theater.  Everyone else had left but us.  I just had to see who had sung a particular song.  I really love when I know the songs in a movie.  It is like a special secret.  One of my favorites is Maroon 5's Sunday Morning in Something's Gotta Give Maroon 5.  It was before they hit it really huge, but I knew it because I had the cd.

I also get a kick out of singers in movies, like Gwen Stefani as Jean Harlow in The Aviator.
Cross-overs work for me too. I like Jennifer Lopez as an actress and singer.  She appeals to the pop lover in me.  Then there is our latest kick in Zooey Deschanel.  I love her quirky ways, acting and singing.  
This is her commercial.  Cute.  This is the full version.  Here she is with her sis Emily. .Duo

Then there is Danny Elfman of Oingo Boingo fame who has made an entire second career of movie music.  His pairing with the factory that is Tim Burton is awesome. 

What I do not like is bands/singers as the movie.  Like U2's Rattle N Hum.  I fell asleep-literally.  Madonna's Truth or Dare was okay, but she is entertaining as a show anyhow.  Hard Day's Night?  eek.  On my list to watch before I die is that one with the guys who are not really a band, but a parody...oh yes, um, what is it called again?? Shoot.

2 comments:

  1. Where did my comment go? I left you one right after you posted this.

    Anyway, I talked about how I was sold on the Zooey from her Elf shower scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no-sorry it did not post. Love Zooey in Elf.

    ReplyDelete